The Leos are putting their best “paws” forward in organizing their AKC ® Responsible Dog Ownership Day. They are working dilligently on all kinds of chores, some really fun ones:
- Talk to possible vendors/sponsors/donors
- Create a Detailed RDO Day Brochure, Sponsor Proposal Package, Silent Auction form and Vendor Agreement (with a little help!)
- Create a map to see who goes where
- Find Dog blogs and Dog related stores we can contact
- To visit similar events with the purpose of contacting vendors. We asked the Leos to talk to all the vendors that attended the Greenwich Dog Show, to promote their own event and ask whether they would like to be involved in any way. First sales experience at the age of 15/16, very impressive! Although they felt uncomfortable at times, they did a great job, were very succesful, we saw them grow throughout the day!
And the less popular chores that also have to be done:
- To find tents we can rent at a reasonable fee
- To make sure there are enough Portapotti’s – it’s a dirty job!
- Find tables and chairs we can use
- Make sure all promotional material is printed, folded, stapled and put together in neat packages
- Following up with everyone, make sure everything gets done
- Make sure all permits are applied for, field permissions are arranged, Easton Police Department is on board….etc. etc.
They’re doing an awesome job so far, many companies have expressed interest or have already signed up as a Donors, Vendors and/or Sponsors, and the list is growing every day. See our Detailed Brochure to see who’s on board.
We’re also very excited to present our new poster to you, created free of charge by designer Stefan Jans of “Prints of Orange” in Milford, thanks Stefan, great job!
Post by Nicoline